Friday, April 12, 2013

Divine Transcendence: Closer than your Life-vein

An awesome post by Peter Rose at Baha'i Blog.


A profound mystery lies deep inside all of us. Buddhists call it “Enlightenment”; Christians call it “Grace”; and Baha’is call it “Divine Bounty”.
 But any mere words we try to use to describe it will always fall short. It is imperative, however, that we find a way to tune into that mystery because this is what makes our lives meaningful, happy and enriched. And getting there is not nearly as hard or as painful or as elusive as we might think. The only real obstacle is us, because we have such pocket-sized attitudes to our own potential. But Baha’u'llah makes it very clear – in the Hidden Words - that all we have to do is reach within and find it.


 O SON OF UTTERANCE! Thou art My stronghold; enter therein that thou mayest abide in safety. My love is in thee, know it, that thou mayest find Me near unto thee. 
 O SON OF BEING! Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee. Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me. For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favour upon thee. 
 O SON OF BEING! With the hands of power I made thee and with the fingers of strength I created thee; and within thee have I placed the essence of My light. Be thou content with it and seek naught else, for My work is perfect and My command is binding. Question it not, nor have a doubt thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Having created the world and ...

  Having created the world and all that liveth and moveth therein, He, through the direct operation of His unconstrained and sovereign Will,...